Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dior 'Diorblush' in Corail Bagatelle (Spring 2014 Trianon Collection)


Dior's Spring 2014 collection calls out hardcore to my girly, ribbon-loving fancy self.  I have to admit that I have a weakness for bows, pinky corals, and blush - all of which the Diorblush in Corail Bagatelle fulfills.  Quick note about this collection - it seems like it's very limited in quantities!  The lady at my Dior counter said she only received 6 of these blushes and that the first 5 went like hotcakes.



Back to the blush - the packaging on the outside is standard Dior, but the pan on the inside has a darling embossed bow/pearl border detail.  I tried my best to resist its temptations (at least, that's what I tell myself), but I already knew on first sight that I really wanted this blush.  I adore the French Rococo feel of this collection.  A little part of me will shed a tear when the design eventually fades away with use.


I'm quite happy with the texture, blendability, and lasting power of this blush.  All are superb.  I do have oily skin and need to blot throughout the day, and sometimes my blush cannot endure multiple blotting sessions.  This, however, looked lovely at the end of a long (12 hr+) day.  The finish is slightly shimmery for my tastes and does emphasize my pores slightly.  Then again, I have quite large pores around my cheek/nose area and most things that aren't matte will do so anyway.

Corail Bagatelle is a lovely peachy pink.  In the pan. I thought it looked like it would veer more towards coral/orange, but it pulls more pink on my complexion.  Other reviewers online called it "Chanel Jous Contraste in Rose Initiale, but less pigmented."  A normal person would see that and say, "Oh, I already have that, so I don't need this."  But alas, that is not how my brain works.  My reaction was, "Oh god, Rose Initiale is my FAVORITE color, so I definitely need this one too...possible new favorite?  AND it's limited edition, so you better get it before you regret it."

  • I will say that to my (very discerning) eyes, these shades are different.  I don't find Corail Bagatelle to be particularly unpigmented, but it does require a little more build-up than Rose Initaile.  You can definitely overdo it though, so don't go too crazy!  The textures are very similar, but the finishes are not.  Corail Bagatelle is definitely a bit more glittery, while Rose Initiale provides more of an all around sheen to the cheeks.  Again, not too different, but not exactly the same either.
  • The colors are also slightly different.  I've included swatches below.  Corail Bagatelle is (of course) more coral, making Rose Initiale seem almost mauve-y in comparison.  On the skin, Rose Initale is pinker and darker, while Corail Bagatelle is peachier and brighter.  Corail Bagatelle is quite similar to NARS Day Dream (reviewed here), but obviously not matte and more pink on the cheeks.

Overall, my favorite is still the Chanel JC in Rose Initiale, but I still enjoy Corail Bagatelle.  It's quite nice for everyday use.  The color can be applied lightly for a very natural flush to the cheeks, or it can be built up for a more "BAM!  I'm wearing blush here" effect.  I suspect I'll get a lot of use out of it and that the pretty embossed design's days are numbered.

Swatches:


Price: $43
Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment