Wednesday, December 18, 2013

NARS Blush in Day Dream (Limited Edition)




I'm a bit late getting to this review, but I wanted to mention this NARS blush in Day Dream from the Guy Bourdin collection before it's gone!

The blush is a true matte peachy pink.  Day Dream is very natural and gives me a nice bit of color on the cheeks.  The pigmentation and lasting power is quite good as well on my oily skin.




This blush is limited edition, but the only difference in packaging is in the box.  The actual compact itself looks exactly like the regular NARS blushes.



Is this the most exciting blush?  No, not really.  But it's a great neutral, no fuss color.  I'm happy with my purchase.  I personally love peachy pinks on my light-medium warm complexion and Day Dream fits right into my blush collection.  As far as colors like this go, I don't like ones that are too peach because they pull orange on my skin.  Day Dream has the right amount of peach and pink (leaning a bit toward pink), in my opinion.  

Also, I enjoy having matte blushes on hand for days when my skin feels a bit more oily than usual.  I find that on those days, my skin looks dewy enough on its own.  For us oily-skinned makeup lovers, it can be a fine line between a nice glow and looking greasy.  Matte blushes are great because it's easier to stay on the side of looking radiant and fresh.

Now for a quick comparison - NARS Orgasm often pops up somewhere in the discussion of peachy pink blushes.  At first glance, the two look very similar in the pan (except for Orgasm's obvious golden shimmer).  Here are some differences between the two:

Orgasm:
  • Very sparkly.  I have to use a light hand with this one (admittedly, it's kind of been pushed to the back of my blush drawer) because the shimmer is sometimes too much on my skin.
  • The actual pigment of Orgasm is a little pinker.  It gets its peachyness more from the golden shimmer as opposed to the actual color of the powder.
  • The overall pigmentation is a little bit stronger.

Day Dream:
  • Truly matte.  There are no sparkle/shimmer particles anywhere in this.
  • Peachier than Orgasm, but just slightly. 
  • A little less pigmented (not overly so), which contributes to it looking more natural on the face.

Is Day Dream the matte version of Orgasm?  Not exactly, but it comes pretty darn close.  If you're like me and enjoy the color of Orgasm but not its sparkles, then I suggest giving Day Dream a try.


Swatches (Day Dream vs. Orgasm):

Price: Usually $29, but currently on sale at Nordstrom.com!
Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment