Friday, November 22, 2013

Burberry Light Glow blush in Peony



This Light Glow blush in Peony is my first foray into Burberry Beauty and I have to say, I'm happily impressed.  I've always really liked Burberry - my love for trench coats and outerwear in general started with going to the Burberry store with my mom as a young girl.



The first thing I noticed about this product was actually the box's textured packaging.  The faux-canvas feel of the cardboard is quite pleasant to hold in the hand (too bad it's not getting any more use from me) and a nice change from the typical glossy, fingerprint magnet boxes of other brands (Chanel, Dior, etc.).  Does anyone else dislike it when they're buying something obviously unused and unopened, but still has tons of muddy fingerprints on the box?  It's really not a big deal, haha, but it made me enjoy Burberry's packaging from the get-go.




The actual packaging of the blush is amazingly luxe.  It's sturdy, solid, and feels expensive.  No flimsy plastic here!  The metallic, reflective top of the blush has the classic Burberry check pattern across it.  The closed lid is held in place with a strong magnet, giving the packaging a very streamlined and elegant feel.

I have to say that I'm more than just a sucker for good packaging, haha.  I can't help but notice the details in these sort of things and I enjoy seeing the beauty behind the design of anything, whether it's cosmetics, furniture, art, graphics, clothing, decor - you get my drift.  Burberry Beauty definitely does it well.


Now, onto the actual product itself!  Peony is a perfect neutral pink on my light/light-medium skin.  For me, the level of pigmentation hits a sweet spot.  I like my blushes bright and vibrant - but with super pigmented blushes, I have to be very careful not to over-apply and I need to make sure it's blended well.  Peony is pigmented enough that I don't need to work too hard for it to show up on my skin, but not so much that I have to apply it so gingerly and delicately.  

It is definitely on the matte side, but with a very slight satin finish.  The color and texture of the blush help perk up my complexion and give me a healthier look.  My sister asked me today at lunch if I was doing anything different with my makeup.  I asked her why, and she replied, "Your skin looks so smooth and glowy!"  I'm pretty sure this blush contributed at least a little to that, haha.

I was also impressed with this blush's longevity.  Peony lasts well on my oily skin and holds up to multiple blotting sessions.  It does have fragrance to it, but it doesn't bother me too much.  I find the scent of Chanel Joues Contraste blushes to be much more overt and noticeable.  Overall, I see myself reaching for Peony quite frequently in the near future.

Swatch (lightly applied):

Price: $42
Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment